CARES Act Information:
Construction Industry Resources:
Families First Coronavirus Response Act:
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has issued a posting notice about employee rights – paid leave entitlements, eligibility, and qualifying reasons for leave related to COVID-19. It’s a provision in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
All employers with less than 500 employees must provide this notification to their employees. Because laws have required many worksites to close, DOL will allow email notifications to employees. Please see the attached poster or click here to download a copy of the poster.
If this requirement applies to your business, we urge you to provide this link in an email to your employees. It will ensure compliance with the DOL’s directive. New hires will receive this notice with their onboarding paperwork.
Insurance Premium Relief Available:
- Moratorium on cancellations by carriers is extended until June 6th - Click here to find out more
- Click here to find out more
For Small Business and Individual Health Insurance:
On April 7, 2020, New York Governor Cuomo recently issued an Executive Order granting individual, small group and student blanket comprehensive health insurance policyholders certain COVID-19-related insurance relief. This is in addition to and separate from the life and property and casualty relief already provided. A New York Department of Financial Services (DFS) regulation implements portions of the order.
The regulation, which includes descriptions of relevant portions of the Executive Order can be found here. The gist of both the Executive Order and the regulation appears in subsections (a) and (b) beneath the heading “Section 52.63…” on page two (2).
Below are the carrier phone numbers to contact if you are experiencing financial hardship.
- Oxford – 800-366-4148
- Emblem Health – 866-614-6040
- Empire – 866-627-6537
- MVP – 888-822-5260
- Oscar – 855-672-2784
- Aetna – 800-297-7145
- HealthFirst – 855-949-3668
How is COVID-19 quarantine defined under the NY law, and how does the COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave work?
COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing is covered:
We’d like to remind you that the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, passed by Congress on March 18th, includes provisions for health plans to provide coverage for COVID-19 diagnostic testing with no member cost-sharing.
For small group health plans (less than 100 employees), please find the carrier links below, which include access to each of the carrier’s telemedicine benefits. These benefits are offered at no cost (for the time being) to actively enrolled members.
Response and Risk Mitigation:
- EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the Cause of COVID-19 (3/3/20)
Guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- COVID-19 Website
- Guidance for Those at Higher Risk
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19
- What to Do If You Are Sick With COVID-19
- Interim US Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Exposure in Travel-associated or Community Settings
- Health Alert Network
- Travelers’ Health Website
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s Small Business International Travel Resource Travel Planner
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Recommendations for Ships
- State & Territorial Health Departments
Guidance from Other Federal Agencies and Partners:
- OSHA Guidance
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- World Health Organization Rolling COVID-19 Updates
- Directory of Local Health Departments
State of New York Resources:
Carrier Claim and Billing Resources
Information from our Carriers:
- Ace Private Risk
- American Commerce Insurance (MAPFRE)
- Andover Insurance
- Cincinnati Insurance
- Firemans Fund
- Hagerty Insurance
- Hanover Insurance
- The Hartford
- Kemper Insurance
- Kingstone Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Main Street America Group
- Merchants Insurance Group
- Nationwide Mutual
- Nationwide Private Client
- New York Central Mutual Insurance
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Plymouth Rock
- Pure Insurance
- Sterling Insurance
- Stillwater Insurance
- Utica National